Don’t wait ’till it’s too late! Reservations are accepted by phone, mail, or email. You can even use the Book Now link above to HI Hostels (for reservations 48 hours or more in advance). You can book for reservations less than 48 hours in advance by calling us directly. Sometimes we may be fully booked online, but have availability, so it’s not a bad idea to call us directly. A Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express, or money order in the amount of the first nights lodging fee will hold a reservation. Should plans change, you need to cancel 24 (48 for a private room) hours in advance or your card will be billed for the first nights stay (first two for private room). Please note that a reservation is not confirmed until you receive a response from us, and check below for everything to include. Groups- please see bottom for reservation procedures. Linens are included in the rates, but the lodging tax will be added at check-in (12.5%). Check in is from 12 noon til 10pm. Be sure to be checked-in before 10pm! The front desk will be closed and the door will be locked . Once checked-in, there is no lock-out so you can come and go as you please.
- Additional Breakfast Offerings: Oatmeal and 2 types of cereal with milk
- Air Conditioning
- Added electrical outlets – one per bed, USB outlets in common areas, new led lights and automatic sensors
- free towels rental (upon request)
- free coffee/tea
- free all-u-can-make pancake breakfast
- free bagels, bread and cream cheese (when available)
- free combo lock rental (with $5 deposit)
|Dorm Beds:Price Range:
Based on Occupancy
(so book early and save $!)
May-Oct 2014: $28-31
Nov’14-Aprl ’15: $25-29
May-Oct 2015: $29-32
Non – H.I. Members add $3 per adult
Children 16 and under with a parent/guardian are $10
Children must be at least 7 years old to stay in the dorm rooms.
May-Oct 2014: $62
May-Oct 2015: $64
Rates are for singles & couples (additional $10 per person) & children under 16 years old -free
Non – H.I. Members add $3 per adult
We have 2 private rooms, one with a double bed and a private porch (the Bagby), and one with a double bed set of bunk beds (the Family Room).
Groups: get member rate of the dorms per person, including extras (see below). Sorry, but no groups May-September.
Bicyclists: We offer a $5 discount per night for self-supported (not part of an organized group) bicycle tourists. This means you must be riding your bike into and/or out of Portland. Sorry, but bringing your bike on Amtrak, Greyhound, on an airplane, or the back of a car and just riding around town doesn’t qualify for the discounted rate. Get the discount, then get to the shower!
3-We don’t accept reservations requests within two days (48 hours) of the date of you arrival, meaning the date of the request has to have at least 2 days notice.
- your name
- phone and/or e-mail address
- credit card # with expiration date and name as it appears on the credit card
- date of arrival & how many nights you are staying
- how many people & their gender(s)
- If reserving a private room for 2 or more persons, whether you need a double bed or separate beds
NOTE: Please DO NOT use the “Request A Reservation” button for inquiries that start 48 hours or less from now. This means reservation requests for today, tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow. We cannot guarantee we’ll be able to respond to you in time! Please call us directly at 503.236.3380 or toll free in the US 866-447-3031.
PLEASE NOTE: We are a small non-profit travelers lodge. Our policies do not permit local, Metro Portland residents staying at the Portland Hawthorne Hostel. This includes temporary residents and students enrolled in local schools. You must present non-local photo ID to check in.
The HI – Portland, Hawthorne Hostel is an ideal place for groups to stay while in town. In addition to getting a great rate we offer:
Fully setup kitchen & large common space for socializing
Linens, towels, and a ‘you-make-’em-all-you-can-eat-pancake-breakfasts’ are all included.
Friendly staff will assist you with programming ideas & finding places to visit while in town.
Bike storage & free parking means no hassles
- And a ‘traveler’s only’ policy for other guests staying here ensures that you will have a chance to meet people from all over the world!
- A group is 5 or more people
- We are a small hostel, so our maximum group limit is 14 people.
- Reserve early! Keep in mind certain times of year (like Spring Break) we get a lot of group requests.
- We only accept group reservations October through April (and occasionally September and May).
- The deposit is non-refundable less than a week before the arrival date
- The group is responsible to pay for all persons reserved for, whether or not they all show up.
- All other info is the same as for regular reservations (see above).*Call or email us with questions or to make a reservation*